Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Love you to the moon and back - DT layout for Just Nick

Hey there friends,

I'm stopping by to share my latest creation for Just Nick!

This week we have free reign on which cut files we use and I chose one I've used many times but can't get tired of: the Henna Heart. I've used the adorable Little You collection from Crate Paper on this layout.



I cut the cut file from textured white card stock, then backed the flowers with yellow card stock, the leaves with different patterned papers. I layered some tissue papers behind my photo and adhered it onto the patterned paper I chose for my background. I added some paper strips at the top and at the bottom and used my sewing machine to add some texture to these.



I kept embellishing to a minimum: I used some enamel dots and wooden buttons for my flower centers and attached some stickers here and there.


For the title I went with a generic chipboard sticker because the photo is generic too, no special event or anything, it just captures my son's favourite position to sleep in. Finally I added an adorable paper clip to my photo, wrote my journaling and splattered some black ink all around my page. That's it!


I hope you like how it turned out!

Thanks for stopping by today and have an awesome week friends!

X