Saturday, March 17, 2018

In the spotlight: Spellbinders / Sharyn Sowell Flower Garden collection, Part 3

Hi there crafty friends,

I'm dropping in today to share my third and final blog post using products from the Spellbinders / Sharyn Sowell Flower Garden collection. If you missed my previous posts, you can find them here and here.

I've really enjoyed working with these lovely products! I just love flowers above anything and because I only have a son, I can't go all girly on my scrapbook pages most of the time! So I love that with cards I can do whatever I want!

For my first card today I picked the gorgeous Shapeabilities Dimensional Floral Panel Etched Die. I was especially happy about this one, because wreaths are one of my favorite things to do on my scrapbook pages too! So I did exactly what I would do with digital cut files on my pages: I cut the design from white card stock, then backed the flowers with different patterned papers to give them colors. 


To add more dimension, I die cut some of the single roses and backed these with patterned papers too. Next, I prepared my card base: I adhered an A2 size patterned paper panel to my A2 size top folding card. I set it aside while I finished my rose wreath: I glued the wreath on a coral patterned paper and fussy cut it out. I embossed a sentiment in the middle using white embossing powder. 


I glued my wreath on the card base using a tape runner. I then started layering additional roses onto my wreath to achieve the design and dimension I like. I used pop dots for this. Next, I die cut several leaves from two different patterned papers and tucked these under the wreath and the roses in quite a few places. 


Last but not least, I added a few drops of glossy accents!

For my next card I also used an A2 top folding card base, to which I added a floral patterned paper panel. I also glued a light pink chipboard frame on this. 

The dies I've used here are from the Shapeabilities Butterfly Etched Die and the Shapeabilities Bird on Cherry Branch Etched Die sets. 


I die cut the butterfly from white card stock. I cut two wings but I only wanted one to show from above, if that makes sense. There's a little tab on the wings which go under the body of the butterfly - I glued the two tabs together and then folded the top up to give dimension to the butterfly. It's hard to describe what I mean, but you'll see in the close-ups. The body I cut from a raspberry card stock, then cut it in half and attached it to the wings. I glued on the antenna as well.




I then glued my butterfly onto the chipboard frame. At this point I felt like I was still missing something! Flowers, of course :). I die cut a few tiny flowers from a pink patterned paper, attached one to the butterfly and used another 3 to create a flower cluster at the right top of my frame. 


I die cut the little banner that is in the Shapeabilities Tiny Shadow Box Etched Die set, from pink patterned paper. I then embossed my sentiment on it, using white embossing powder. Recently I was looking for something in my ancient craft stash I never use (non-papercraft supplies I built up over 20+ years) and found a few different lace ribbons. These tiny things make me happy, you know, when you finally use something you spent money on at one point! So I cut a piece for my panel and glued my sentiment on top of this.


To finish off my card, I added a few Nuvo Jewel Drops.

 Spellbinders supplies:
  • S2-285 Shapeabilities Bird on Cherry Branch Etched Dies, Flower Garden by Sharyn Sowell
  • S2-286 Shapeabilities Botanical Butterfly Etched Dies, Flower Garden by Sharyn Sowell
  • S4-851 Shapeabilities Dimensional Floral Panel Etched Dies, Flower Garden by Sharyn Sowell
  • S5-339 Shapeabilities Tiny Shadow Box Etched Dies, Flower Garden by Sharyn Sowell
Other supplies:
  • Patterned papers, chipboard frame: Cocoa Vanilla Studio - More Than Words
  • Neenah solar white card stock 80LB
  • American crafts pink textured card stock
  • Tonic Studios Nuvo drops
  • Ranger Glossy Accents
  • WOW embossing powder
  • Pinkfresh Studio sentiment stamps
  • white lace ribbon
  • die cutting machine
That's it from me for today! I hope you like these cards!
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have an amazing day!
X

Zsoka