Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Marvelous Colors - DT layout for Paige Evans + Silhouette

Hi there crafty friends,

First of all, Happy Valentine's Day to you all! I hope each and every one of you gets spoilt by someone today! I know I WON'T haha! But that's OK, we don't celebrate Valentine's Day.

I still wanted to choose some heart cut file for today's layout! Paige has many to choose from, but they are pretty popular, so we already used most of them on the Design Team! In the end I went with the adorable Heart Lines Background (Design ID #246562). 


I cut a ton of these heart lines because originally I had a different idea - I might do that another time. I decided to use only as many as needed to cover the entire background. I backed most of them with different patterned papers from Paige's gorgeous brand new Pick-me-up collection. A lot of them actually came from one 12x12 sheet, Paper 21 and some from scrap pieces I had left from other projects. Perfect way to use up those tiny scraps many of us have a problem throwing away :).


I was planning to use a pink paper for background but I had this photo on my desk and then I found this awesome yellow paper in the collection. It was meant to be! Yellow for Valentine's?! Oh well, I've never been one for traditional things anyway, ha!


I adhered most of the strips to the background using liquid glue, however a couple I popped up with foam adhesive, just to add some dimension and interest. I layered some tissue paper, a journaling spot and a die cut frame behind my photo and glued these down. I added my title on top of the photo. I used the super gorgeous alpha thickers for this - I think these are one of my faves in the collection! The other half of my title came from the die cut pack. 


I scattered different embellishments around the page: some chipboards, stickers, puffy stickers and a few acrylic tags, no rhyme or reason! To finish off my layout I stamped the date, wrote my journaling and added some navy ink splatters.


That's it for today! I hope I could inspire you in some small way!
Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!

X