Friday, December 8, 2017

Gift boxes - DT project for Fancy Pants Designs

Hi there friends,

Today I am sharing a Christmas gift idea that you can create in little time if you have a die cutting machine. 

I wanted to create some gift boxes for friends and family that I can fill with little things. I found this cut file at the Silhouette Design Store and instantly fell in love with it!

I used the wonderful Holiday Hustle collection from Fancy Pants Designs - I mean have you seen the red foiling in this line?! So unbelievably gorgeous! You'd better believe me because red is my least favorite color and even I find this one amazing! Perfect for all your Christmas projects!


First I sized the cut file to the biggest size that fit on a 12x12 paper, then cut the tray from a black polka dot paper and all 3 boxes from different patterned papers. I also chose papers for the little plaques that read JOY. I did change the font to the Back this Font from Paige Evans, however I only used the outlines of it for my letters. 

The tray was very flimsy for my taste so I cut the same size again from white heavyweight card stock, cut apart the black one and adhered the pieces to all 4 sides but not the bottom.


I folded the boxes and started decorating. I went through the embellishments and picked out ones that matched my chosen colors. I ended up with several tags for each box because I just couldn't choose one! I used gold eyelets to attach all tags for each box, then added some twine. I also went through my ribbon stash which I never actually use, so this was the perfect moment to bust them out! Of course I would normally only do these last steps once I filled my boxes, but I am not sure yet what I will put in each. One will surely be filled with Lindor balls! 




I glued some die cut pieces to the front as well just to add a bit of interest. And of course the buttons! I just had to! They are my most favorite pieces in the last 3 collections! They are cute as a button - see what I just did there?! :)


And that's pretty much all I've done! Easy peasy but I find them so adorable!

I hope you like them and give these boxes a try!

Thank you so much for stopping by today!

Until next time X