Monday, October 23, 2017

Halloween cards - DT project for Fancy Pants Designs

Hi crafty friends,

Today I'm popping in to share my latest project I created for Fancy Pants Designs

This time I made three Halloween cards with the super awesome Spellbound collection. Here they are:


I picked three cut files from the Silhouette Design Store and cut all of them from black card stock.

This one below originally had Halloween written in the middle, but I removed that and instead I welded the remaining spider web with the Boo cut file that is a Halloween font, also from the Silhouette Design Store. I backed the pumpkins with orange paper to give them more definition. What I didn't notice until my kiddo pointed it out is that the pumpkins look like eyes. Even better! I adhered the cut file to a purple patterned paper, to which I added a black patterned paper and all this I glued to the white card base. To decorate the card and add some dimension, I stitched some cute buttons on and added some die cut pieces as well.


For my second card I used a circle cut file with lots of bats. I backed this with a polka dot patterned paper, added foam adhesive to its back and adhered it on my card base. This consists of 4 layers: the white card base, a black ghost patterned paper, orange and mint papers. To embellish it I picked out some die cut pieces from the ephemera pack. Isn't that owl the cutest?!


For the third card, which I actually made first, I used the negative cut file. This one took a while to piece back together as I backed it with different patterned papers! All the small pieces had to be glued down one by one. For the sentiment I used my favorite striped paper from this collection and for the rest I used some mint, orange and purple papers. Then I glued all this down on top of an orange patterned paper and a white card base.


I love how these turned out and since we don't celebrate Halloween, I'll be sure to send these to American friends!  They won't be wasted :).

I hope you are inspired to create your own Halloween cards and surprise some friends with them!

Thanks for stopping by and have an awesome day!

X