Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Boo - DT layout for Fancy Pants Designs

Hi All,

I'm back today with some Halloween inspiration I created for Fancy Pants Designs.

We don't celebrate Halloween here. Well many families do, but I'm wondering if they even know what it is about? It is not a European holiday...

The only thing I do, if I don't forget, is buy some pumpkins so the kiddo and I can carve some. It's so easy to do, last year I had to promise him that this year we buy more so we are not ready with carving in 10 minutes! He loves it so much and was very proud he could easily do it alone. He carved the face, I carved Boo. I remember taking several pictures last year but I can't for the life of me find them. The only one I found is the one I posted on Instagram (Instagram is good for something ha!). So that is what I used for my layout.

The new Spellbound collection is the cutest thing I've ever seen! I absolutely love everything about it. I've always loved the purple added in the Halloween lines but the additional mint is just so super awesome! If you buy only one Halloween collection, you really have to get this one! 


I chose a pumpkin cut file from the Silhouette Design Store for my main design element. I backed the pumpkins with two different orange papers and the leaves with some other papers from the collection. I added foam adhesive to the back so I could tuck my picture and a couple of die cuts under it.


I also tucked some tags and die cut pieces under my photo and attached a couple to my photo as well, using my tiny attacher. I love that spider web! |And I think my favorite pieces in the ephemera pack are the bats; they come in different colors, black, purples and mint. I added a few of those here too.


For my title I also chose a die cut piece that says Boo - I love the font and I like the fact that it is not big! As a last step I wrote my journaling below the spiderweb on the right side, added my date on a label at the bottom left and splattered some black ink around the page.



This is the second Halloween page I have ever made and I kept thinking while I was working on it that I wish I had more photos! Only because I love love love this collection!

I hope I could inspire you somehow, even though I'm not a pro on this topic!

Thanks for stopping by today, have a wonderful day!

X