Saturday, September 23, 2017

Star Cards for Paige Evans + Silhouette

Hi guys,
 
I'm back today with a couple of simple cards I created using some awesome cut files from Paige Evans.
 
I thought I'd pick the same theme for both cards and I went with "Stars". The two cut files I picked were the Spooky Stars and the Bright Star.

 
Both cards are 5x5" (and both have a slightly smaller, 4.75x4.75" square layered on top of them). I sized the cut files accordingly in the Studio program and cut them both from textured white card stock. I did modify the Spooky Stars cut file a little: I cropped the star background into a circle. I chose a couple of papers in yellow-green-blue tones and backed the stars with these. I then hand stitched around the edges of the white card stock to add some interest.
 
 
I chose a chipboard sentiment for this card which I placed on foam adhesive. I then added some fussy cut and chipboard stars plus some dark blue ink splatters. To finish off my card I adhered the white card stock to a mint patterned paper base.
 
 
For my other card I sized down the Bright Star cut file to fit my background. I backed it with a coral patterned paper. I glued a floral patterned paper square on my yellow card base and placed the big star on foam adhesive to give the card a bit of dimension.


I chose SHINE (bright) for my sentiment and used some of the Turn the Page chipboard alpha stickers for this.  I added a chipboard bird above my sentiment and I was done.


These are very simple cards that you can do in no time, last minute, when the other hundred cards you have don't fit the occasion (yes, that happens to me every single time).
 
I hope I could inspire you to create some handmade cards for your loved ones, no matter how they turn out, in my experience everybody is happy to receive them!
 
Till next time!
X
 
SUPPLIES: Turn the Page collection: patterned papers, chipboard alpha, and chipboard stickers