Monday, March 20, 2017

Cuddles - DT Layout for Fancy Pants Designs

Hi there scrappy friends,
 
I'm back with you today with a new layout I created with the Sweet Nothings collection!
 
Still working without my best friend, my sweet sweet Cameo...Oh how I miss her! But I'm guessing it's good for some of you that don't have a die cutting machine, eh? :)
 
 
I wanted to do something with paper strips, but also with circles, so I thought why not combine the two? I cut up some of my scraps (finally I use my scraps I'm hoarding!!!) in strips of different length.
 
I chose 3 different black and white papers for my background. I took a big pot and drew my bigger semi circle (I know I know, it's technically NOT a semi circle but bear with me here :D) with its help. Then I used it for my smaller semi circle too. I just eyeballed them, tried to cut a similar shape from both papers.
 
I adhered these on my background paper, in opposite corners: a design I've done quite often but can't seem to get tired of! 
 
Then I just started placing my paper strips on my circles and when I was happy with the way they looked, I slightly adhered them down in the middle and stitched over them with my sewing machine. This way I could lift up both ends of the strips to add dimension. I love dimension and texture on my layouts!
 
 
I created a cluster in the bigger semi circle: placed my photo here on several layers of papers. I added some embellies around the photo, clips, tags, ephemera pieces. Glued my title below my photo - I'm running out of several letters in my Sweet Nothings Alpha pack so I have to think about titles for ages, even when they are so short and fitting as this one, ha! Awww this kid loves to cuddle! And he is very fair too, if he gives one of us a hug, he will go to the other too for a hug! And I enjoy it while I still can! :) They grow up way too fast...
 
 
Anyway, my smaller corner I kept quite simple. I just added a couple of hearts from the ephemera pack and done!
 
To finish it off, I used the You&Me sentiment stamp from this collection to add some interest to the white strips in the  middle.
 
 
I hope I could inspire you in one way or the other!
Thanks for stopping by today! X