Monday, November 14, 2016

Magic - DT layout for Fancy Pants Designs

Hey guys,

I'm up on the Fancy Pants Designs blog today with this new layout! 
I've used the beautiful Golden Days collection. I just can't get enough of it!


For my background I chose a cut file from Creative Scrappers and cut it from the wood paper in this collection. I then backed it with another paper and machine stitched over the openings with navy blue thread, to give it some texture and a dark accent.


This gorgeous fall wreath cut file I've found in the Silhouette Store. I cut this from white cardstock and backed it with several different patterned papers. I wanted to draw the outlines of the petals (originally in navy, but since I didn't have the right pen, I went with black instead...), so that they stand out more. I also put the whole wreath on pop dots to add some dimension to my page.


I really wanted to use the alphas that come with this collection, because I haven't yet and they are so awesome. Since they are pretty big, I needed a short title. Magic fit my photo perfectly! My son's best friend spent a Saturday afternoon with us recently and as an exception we actually had beautiful, sunny fall weather! So I took them out to play football and they were throwing around these leaves. I am thankful for these happy little moments, that is why the "thankful" cork sticker ended up on this page.


I layered some tissue paper behind my photo (something I picked up from Missy Whidden!) and used some foam squares to raise it. I glued my title right on top of my photo so that the letters are kind of floating. I doodled around each letter with a black marker because they didn't stand out from the background. I attached a couple of pieces from the ephemera pack to my photo with my tiny attacher.


Since my whole design was kind of heavy on the left side, I added a small cluster at the bottom right , using some tags and labels. I added my date here and did a bit of messy machine stitching too to give it some interest.


 I hope I could inspire you in some small way! Thank you for stopping by today X