Friday, May 20, 2016

Love you so - May mood board challenge at Jot magazine

Hello dear scrappy friends,

I've come across the May mood board at Jot the other day and was like WOW. I'll be honest, I don't know Jot very much, I only recently have heard of it, most probably because I'm still pretty new at scrapbooking. However from what I've seen so far, the projects are really on the feminine side. Coming back to point, this mood board was anything but! It's actually something that I would hang on my wall, this is much more my style. Not so much in scrapbooking but in general. Anyway, long story short, I gave it a try! 

The mood board (isn't it fantastic?!):


I thought it was going to be easier for me to work with this than with white layouts but this proved to be just as challenging ha! On my layouts I simply need bright colors and patterns!

I was inspired by the pixelated kind of look of the floppy discs photo as well as the color scheme. I tried to add some dimension with layering, pop dots and co. Probably more visible in the close-ups. I distressed some edges with my fingernails to add to the grungy feel. I don't know, maybe all this only makes sense in my head ha!






In a couple of days I'll be back with some chipboard inspirations! Thanks so much for stopping by, your feedback is always welcome! 

See you soon! X