Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Sail sail away - my first layout on the Scrap Our Stash Design Team eeeek!

Hi there,

I will not deny, I am very excited. My very first layout at my very first DT gig is finally here! And because I was so excited, I actually already finished this page beginning of December ha! I just had to wait weeks to be able to share it with you :).

From January this year the challenges at SOS are in a bit of a new format. There will be two challenges each month: the first one is always a book inspired stash challenge, the second one is a sketch challenge. Please check the SOS blog for details and join us for the challenges! It's not only a lot of fun but you can also win some yummy goodies :). This month a Simple Stories You&Me 12x12 set!



Without further ado, here is the first book cover challenge and my interpretation:







For the Dr. Seuss book cover inspired challenge I drew my inspiration from the colors. I am not familiar with the content of these books but I do know the illustrations and always found them so cool!

I chose a black and white background paper to resemble the famous hand sketched design of the characters. The blue and red combo always reminds me of sea/sailing themed things and as luck would have it, this year we went sailing and I still have some photos to scrap of our adventure!

I chose a cut file that reminded me of boat helms a little bit and I backed these with different blue and red papers. The photo I printed in black and white too, to match the color theme. For the title I used one of my favorite thickers which I thought fit the Cat in the Hat design perfectly!

I've added some embellishments and the required white paint splatters and there you have it, my first layout! 

I hope you like!
Please check the blog post at Scrap Our Stash too!
Thanks for looking!