Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Weekly sketch challenge "Sketch Freitag" 14.08.15. @danipeuss - my layout for sketch Nr. 2.

I've managed to finish another layout for the sketch challenge at www.danipeuss.de last week. This was sketch Nr. 2:


Now, I still have no idea how my Canon Selphy printer works exactly; I find the formats quite limited, but I knew 3x4" it can do :). Again, not a format I use, so I thought it was a good opportunity to try!

I decided to use the same photo in color and black&white simply because I didn't have 2 photos with the same topic that I could use this format for...

Finally I was able to use the beautiful Shine On paper from Simple Stories I bought ages ago, but didn't quite have photos I found fitting. I wanted this layout to kind of look like my son was lying in the sand at the beach under the sun, if that makes sense. So sun in the background is given, then for the first layer of background I tried to find something that resembles sand, at least the color of it. Maybe it's not so visible in this picture...Of course I wanted to add cut files and remembered that my favourite shop TheCutShoppe had some beach themed files. So I quickly bought them :). I've used the waves and the sun too. Since one sun is never enough, I've cut 3 in different sizes! :) I then painted the suns and the waves with different shades of yellow and blue watercolor. I've layered the waves in a way that they give some texture to the LO (they are not glued down everywhere) and this also meant I was able to stick my photos behind them. 

I wanted to add some contrast to the colors so I've sprayed on some black ink, used some black flair buttons and alpha thickers. I did a little stitching under the buttons to add a bit more interest to them. Last but not least I've added hand written journaling which I hardly ever do because I don't like my hand writing...I bet most of us don't like our own hand writing, right? Oh you know whose hand writing I absolutely adore?! Amy Tangerine! Look at these! So unbelievably gorgeous! Me, envious! :)


Some detail shots here: