Friday, July 24, 2015

Back to basics...as in NO cut files :)

I love cut files. I do. I could use them with every single layout to be honest. But I thought I'd try something different this time...

I have so many stencils I've never used, one is prettier than the other. A very good friend of mine lives in LA and if my stewardess friend visits her I always order craft supplies. So a while back I ordered about 20 12x12" Crafter's Workshop stencils. But then I bought my Cameo and my stencil projects were put on hold.

So now I decided I'd do a background with some stencil and my favourite Tim Holtz distress inks. When I chose the colors I realized I have this amazing 6x6" paper pad from MME, Indie chic Nutmeg, that I still haven't used...So I decided to hand cut the stencil pattern from various papers and stitch them on. At this point I had no idea what I was going to do with this background...I just wanted to go right ahead and stencil away!



Then I've found some photos that were a bit brownish so I figured they would be a good fit for this background. And finally I could make use of some of the millions of tissue papers I still have left from my pompom making phase! I just layered 3 different colors behind my photos for background.



After that the only thing left to do was adding some embellishments; flair buttons (these are from the awesome Etsy Shop A flair for buttons. Check out the amazing variety they have!), alpha thickers, bradz, some wood veneer, mists/ink drops and journaling.

I hope you like how this layout turned out and get inspired to do some stencilled backgrounds! They are so simple and fun to make!




Should you have any questions, please ask, I'm more than happy to answer. Any suggestions are also welcome since I am new to both scrapbooking and blogging so there surely is room for improvement!